Saturday, February 27, 2010

Last week I did not get the chance to blog at all, not that I didn't want to (that was for Ms. Stanton :)) but I was extremely sick. Today is Saturday the 27th and I have been sick since Tuesday the 16th! I went to the doctor three times and got blood drawn, a chest x-ray and even a nose swab. Have you ever had a nose swab? It is the weirdest thing and it hurts, so word of advice: don't let them do that to you! In the end everything came back negative and that it was a viral infections so no antibiotics would work, but they still put me on them to prevent any further infections. This whole sickness brought me to acupuncture, which is where they stick needles in certain places on the body to try and help different things such as stress and in my case sickness. When I got there I noticed a dog bed in the main office and I was a little bit confused as to why there would be a dog at an acupuncture place. With curiosity I asked the lady, Gennifer, who was doing my treatment and she said the man that works there brings his black lab into work sometimes. I was wondering if they dog was ever used to help kids with treatments because this facility works with a lot of children. She said no but then gave me the name of a place in Berkeley, I think she said, that actually trains dogs to sniff out cancer! I find this amazing! It does not really have much to do with my project but I am still going to try and get in contact with them to inquire about an interview to see how they feel about dogs interacting with humans and their effects on us. So earlier today I was supposed to meet with my mentor but she called and said she was sick, so we thought it would be best to talk over the phone. She called when I was sleeping though and left a message with my parents to have me call her on her cell. She did not pick up probably because she is trying to rest so I left her a message and am hoping she will call back sometime this weekend as I will be staying in trying to get 100% better. I just finished making the corrections to the letter that I need to send the Mrs. Buccine about the interview I would like to do with her. If I don't say so myself it looks pretty good for my first business letter. After making the corrections on that I put together a list of things I need to do for my project. Many have to do with calling people about interviews or getting their help in some way so I need to jump on that and start getting a hold of those people. Earlier I was checking out the project rubric one more time just to make sure I am staying on track and I realized that I had totally forgotten about the research report we have to write. The report is not supposed to be about what our project is specifically on, but something relating to it. I was thinking and I am going to ask Ms. Stanton, my teacher for this course, if human rights have enough relation to my project so I can write on that. I am very passionate about human rights and am maybe looking into a career that way instead of being a prosecutor. That's a whole different subject right there, but anyhow I'm hoping she will say it is okay because I think I can write a very good paper on that. Well now I am off keep on pushing through a week and a half's worth of makeup homework!

No comments:

Post a Comment