Thursday, January 28, 2010

Useless Internet

I now have two mentors for my senior project. My government/econ teacher who I have had for two years now is my school mentor. My outside mentor is Suzanne, a civil lawyer who defends insurance companies. With both of their help I'm sure that I can make some progress with my project. Over the past couple of days I have been trying to research how to change internal court procedure. Every search engine imaginable came up with nothing that was of any help. I did find some cases were people actually did change court procedure so that gave me some hope. While sorting through the mess of links that were dead ends I found the supreme courts internal working procedures. It was like trying to read through a book written in old English, you can only read so much before thinking, "What did that just say?", and having to re-read it a thousand more times. I tried searching, "How to change internal court procedure", "Changing internal court procedure", "Amending internal court procedure", and not a single thing came up. At this point I am just going to wait until I meet with my mentor to see what other sites to find research. If finding information on the internet is this hard, I can only imagine trying to find text about how to amend the procedures.

No comments:

Post a Comment